Full individual membership is classified into three groups, depending on your primary place of residence, according to the World Bank's list of countries:
- Low-income and lower-middle-income economies (up to USD 4,125 p.a.) = Developing
- Upper-middle-income economies (USD 4,126 to 12,745 p.a.) = Emerging
- High-income economies (above USD 12,745 p.a.) = Developed
This membership is for individuals residing in Developed countries.
All Full individual membership have the same rights, obligations and entitlements. Full individual membership entitles you to the following benefits:
- Access to the ALAR Journal, published twice annually, and ALARA Monograph;
- Reduced price on other ALARA publications, such as Conference and World Congress Proceedings;
- Opportunity to contribute to ALAR Journal, with mentoring by the publication team when available throughout the process;
- Access to ALAR Journal back issues via the website;
- Fortnightly e-news updates;
- Discounts at local ALARA events, conferences and World Congresses;
- Advance notice via email and post of events and items of interest through the newsletter, website, and ALAR Journal;
- Opportunity to be mentored by other members on the submission of a paper at the Conferences or World Congress, when available;
- Access to the ALARA website to participate in online discussions, and access the entire membership;
- Voting rights at the annual AGM or online if unable to attend *;
- Opportunity to nominate for a Management Committee position *
- Logo for inclusion on own website, with a link to the ALARA website
* These benefits are not available to Reduced-Fee-paying members. Such members belong to an Organisational Member
of ALARA and pay a Reduced Fee to join as an Individual member of ALARA.
Please remember, you must (a) complete the application form (found by clicking on Join Group on the front page), and (b) pay the subscription fee by clicking on Buy on this page, for your membership to proceed.
Once you click on Buy, a screen containing the details of the subscription opens. Please answer the questions at the end of the page and click on the "Pay now" button to confirm that the subscription is correct. You will then be taken to PayPal where you can pay for your subscription with your credit card. All subscription prices are in Australian dollars. Approximate conversion: $143 = USD 110. Please use a suitable converter (such as XE Currency Converter) to obtain an accurate conversion to your local currency.
If you prefer to pay by direct deposit, please click on the "Pay now" button (to register your subscription), and cancel the PayPal operation. You can then make your payment to:
Reference: [Your Family Name]-Membership
If paying by direct deposit, please notify Robyn, ALARA's Administration Secretary (secretary [at] alarassociation.org), when you have made the payment.
If you need to make an international funds transfer, please contact Donna, ALARA's bookkeeper (finance [at] alarassociation.org), asking for the details of the funds transfer. When you have made the payment, please notify Robyn (secretary [at] alarassociation.org).
Please note: Your payment must be received within 14 days of applying for membership (and please remember to complete the application form).